The SCA is pleased to announce that the Kilbirnie Rink is being made ready for another winter of fun for Stonebridge Residents. With the cooperation of the winter weather, the rink should be ready for skaters over the holidays. Located at 665 Kilbirnie Drive (in Kilbirnie Park), this outdoor rink is a joint effort between the City of Ottawa and the Stonebridge Community Association along with the generous help of Pierce Hill Farms clearing the snow.
Kilbirnie rink is maintained through the kind assistance of Stonebridge volunteers. Thank you Mark and Andy for help again this year! If you would like to volunteer to help with the rink, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
As this rink is an unsupervised site, use of the rink is at your own risk. It is highly recommended that all skaters wear a CSA-approved helmet while on the ice. A few more rules for you to be aware of:
- At 11:00 p.m the rink lights are off and no skating is permitted until morning.
- Stay off the rink during mild or inclement weather.
- Respect other skaters on the rink, the rink is open to all ages.
- Children seven years of age and under must be actively supervised by a responsible person 16 years of age or older.
- Food and drinks are not allowed on the ice.
- Exercise COVID-19 protocols of social distancing and wearing a mask when social distancing is not possible. Adhere to Ottawa Public Health COVID-19 guidelines.
Have some fun on the ice in Kilbirnie Park this winter!