When you get involved, you give part of yourself, your time, your energy and your skills. You give to your family and friends, to your neighbours and to your community.
Become a registered member. You will have the satisfaction of knowing you are taking an active part in the shaping and maintenance of your community. First and foremost, you help support the community you live in. The nominal registration fee is applied towards all manner of community expenses. We help fund Stonebridge's social activities and special initiatives such as the park renovation. We also provide an informative website where residents can go to get the latest on issues facing the community.
"But I'm Too Busy"
You can volunteer any amount of time you have to give.
The choice is yours!
"But I Don't Have the Knowledge or Expertise"
Anyone is a potential volunteer: People with all levels of ability and from any background. All it takes is a desire to contribute to your community.
Your community...and its people. You!
There are many rewards to becoming a volunteer in the Stonebridge Community Association.
- Experience personal growth, learning and satisfaction
- Pursue professional growth and development
- Create employment skills
- Have Fun
- Enjoy social interaction and build relationships
- Learn about your community
- Fulfill a sense of connection with a "cause"
- Be a part of positive change in their community
- Build personal empowerment and self-esteem
- Instill values of giving and caring