The fact of the matter is, volunteers make things happen!
Share the feeling of community pride - become a Stonebridge Community Association member and volunteer...
When you get involved, you give part of yourself, your time, your energy and your skills. You give to your family and friends, to your neighbours and to your community.
There are many rewards to becoming an Association volunteer:
We are looking for committed volunteers interested in:
We are currenlty looking to fill the following roles:
A special note about Street Representatives: The effectiveness of an association is ultimately determined by the ability to communicate with residents. Street representatives are the best avenue for disseminating important information to residents and with whom members can raise concerns. Specifically, street representatives assist with our annual membership drive, help distribute of periodic newsletters and updates, obtain opinions from neighbours on issues facing the community,and often lend a hand in community events. Street representatives are a key element in our mission to be responsive to and proactive about our community’s concerns. If your street does not have a street representative, please consider volunteering.
The SCA is comprised of the following portfolios:
- Events & Activities – Plan and run events & community activities
- Development & Transportation – Development, City services, and infrastructure issues; Local and nearby transportation and transit issues
- Parks & Recreation – Improve the quality of our parks and the recreation opportunities in the community
- Environment – All environmental issues impacting our community
- Sponsorship – Obtain and manage sponsorships for the association
- Membership – Obtain and manage memberships for the association
- Volunteering – Coordinate volunteer efforts, recruit new volunteers, develop ways to recognize volunteers
- Street Rep Program – Point of contact for existing, new and potential street reps
- Fundraising – Identify ways to help increase funds available for community-improvement activities (such as fund raising drives, events or grants)
- Communications – Manage communications through email, newsletters, social media and the web site
- Secretary/Treasurer – Handle association finances and record and maintain official corporation documents