The mission of the SCA Development Committee is to monitor and, where necessary intervene in industrial, governmental and residential developments in the Stonebridge area that may affect our community, its residents and those of greater Barrhaven.
5 Year Timeline of Issues Facing Stonebridge and Surrounding Area:
Details on the issues below can be accessed by clicking on the associated weblinks. There are several Updates for the month of April 2010.
Widening of Jockvale Rd.
Construction will begin in late Spring on the widening of Jockvale to a 4 lane road from Cambrian to Paul Metivier. Changes will include a roundabout at the intersection of Jockvale and Cambrian. The plan does not currently include a signalized intersection for pedestrian crossing for the Stonebridge trail in the inital phase, which the Association has raised with the City. We have also brought forward other concerns and requested traffic moderating measures such as a traffic light at Golflinks South and Jockvale. The Association's letter to the City can be found HERE. The first phase of the Jockvale bridge reconstruction will also begin at the same time.
- Permanent closure Bren-Maur Rd. at Jockvale Rd (2010) (Click here for details)
- New Jockvale R. Bridge across the Jock River (2012-13)
- Widening of Cambrian Rd. (starting with lanes then completing at 4 lanes)
- Development of the Apple Orchard (Monarch and Uniform homes)
- Strandherd- Armstrong Bridge (2012) (UPDATE April 2010)
- School/Park/Fire Hall/Recreation Centre - Integrated project at Cambrian and Greenbank (2013-2014). Details...
- Greenbank Road Extension/Widening to Strandherd (UPDATE April 2010)